Saturday, August 02, 2014

Aussie Christmas


Another Christmas card for my stash...yippee...for this card I used the photo inspiration from Festive Friday, I must admit I really struggle with making Christmas cards with snow and the like as in Australia, Christmas for us is smack bang in the middle of our summer and as a rule it is stinking hot!! A lot of our Christmas days are spent around a swimming pool or even the beach or river, anywhere where we can cool off. So even though I used the photo inspiration I put an Aussie spin too it. I have had this truck for many years and I still love using him as I feel it has an Aussie feel to it. I'm also entering my card to this weeks challenge over at Winter Wonderland  where they have an Anything Goes theme this month. As always, thanks for stopping by...


Winter Wonderland: Anything Goes for Xmas


7 comments:

  1. Yes Vikki I agree Christmas and snow is hard to mix...do love the truck, and really cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's just as strange for you to think of snow at Christmas as it is for me to think of going to the beach! lol! I love your Aussie twist on heading out to pick the tree! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and fabulous image, the way you've changed it to an Aussie Christmas is brilliant...Isn't it funny, even though you don't get snow, I never considered you think it odd on cards (silly me!)...fortunately where we live in the UK, I can count on one hand when we've had snow at Christmas (cos I hate it!!), but it is cold, so I guess that makes a difference...you are so lucky to have Christmas in summer! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that is weird to think of Christmas with snow! I do love your sweet truck carrying the tree.Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderlands Anything Goes challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this image and card! Perfect for our Festive Friday challenge! Your post was so interesting...can't imagine that heat at Christmas...every Christmas!!! Silly of me though...even here in the states, there are many who experience warm temps at Christmas. It just seem so strange for someone like me who loves the thought of sleigh rides and carolers all bundled up... looking forward to coming inside to hot cocoa...Yep...I think I'll keep my wintry Christmas!!! Thanks so much for sharing and for joining us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...