Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Postcard


Hi All, I snuck out to my craft room yesterday afternoon to make a card for the birthday celebrations happening over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog but sadly I didn't get it finished in time!! Damn!! You had to pick a card to 'case' and the one I picked was a 'postcard' theme. Even though I don't really do shabby chic the last two cards I have made over the last couple of days have been just that and I must admit, I'm really happy with how they turned out. On both cards, I have made a panel of sprayed card with distress ink sponging then background stamping to fill the background. I have then stamped my main image on the card on top of all that and for this card it is the postage images. I then stamped a birdcage and bird on the base DP and then cut them out and layered them on the postcard. I've also added a corner flourish with some flowers to finish it off. This was really fun to make since of late I have been in a real CAS mode...maybe I can do shabby chic after all...wink wink....Thanks for stopping in... 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Vikki, thanks for the email and the link to this beautiful card, sorry that you missed the deadline but glad you did make a card to help us celebrate our 4th anniversary, new challenge starts on Tuesday, come play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Vikki, I think you do shabby chic brilliantly! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing Vikki...very shabby!! for you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...