Saturday, June 01, 2013

Happy Birthday...Lemon & Aqua


Hi Fellow Stampers, this card has taken me all day to make as I keep getting interrupted with one thing or another. Even so, I am happy with the end result. I struggle with yellow which is why I was determined to make a card using it. For my design I have used the latest sketch from Cardabilities, I really like Teresa Horner's card and how she added a little something under the panel so I took that bit of creative inspiration and did something similar.For the colour combo on my card I have taken the challenge from the DT at The Shabby Tea Room to use these colours and to add some twine. I was lucky enough to actually have some yellow and white twine which goes perfectly with this combo. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend.

Cardabilities: #76
The Shabby Tea Room: Shabby Sunshine #169

 

8 comments:

  1. Vikki this card is gorgeous - the yellow is teamed beautifully with the aqua, a lovely cheery card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Vikki! I love yellows and blues. I particularly admire your use of dies; I especially love the white swirly layer beneath the sweet flowers. Beautifully done! Thank you for joining us at Cardabiltites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colour combination, wonderful card, thanks for playing along at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vikki, it is simply beautiful! The colors are wonderful. Thank you for playing alone at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this over at Cardibilities and just had to come in for a closer look! Great card! So pretty with all the delicate details! You really nailed both challenges perfectly! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this sunny card. The color combo is perfect for summer. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card and love the blue and yellows together! Thanks so much for mentioning me you are so very sweet and thank you for sharing what you did on the Cardabilities blog this week! Take care and happy creating!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...